Guidelines for Authors
Proceedings of the FVA Bearing World Conference 2018
1. Review Process
- The peer review will be made single blind and managed by the publishing house VDMA Verlag.
- The review will be done by our international scientific board.
- Please send your paper – according to template and layout guidelines below – via e-mail as Word document to FVA (submission(at)bearingworld.org) until 30th of April 2018. In addition please attach a PDF document.
- Your document then will be uploaded to our editing platform.
- Authors and reviewers will get an account and the link to their list of documents waiting for review or editing.
- The authors and reviewers then will receive further instructions regarding the workflow from the editing platform.
- There will be up to two loops between the author and two reviewers who will comment or approve the article.
- Both reviewers will independently have to approve in order to release the paper for publication.
|Send papers to publishing house:||30.04.2018|
|Start Revision Loop 1:||15.05.2018|
|End Revision Loop 1:||31.07.2018|
|Start Revision-Loop 2:||15.08.2018|
|Final = End of Revision Loop 2 and Final Approval:||15.09.2018|
3. Paper Template and Layout
For formatting please use the structure of the template to be downloaded here:
Please use the template as given. It will speed up the process of the final editing of the publication.
Please do not let the figures float and do not use textboxes.
To structure the document please use the elements listed as follows:
- Headings as: h1 or h2
- Picture captions
- Table captions
5. Length of Text
Take about 15-20 pages as a rule of thumb for the length of the complete article.
Please sign the agreement that will grant the copyright of your paper to Forschungsvereinigung Antriebstechni e. V. (FVA) for a publication within the proceedings of the Bearing World Conference 2018 and leave the right to use parts of this paper in other publications, slides and so on. Processing and sales partner will be VDMA Verlag (VDMA Publishing).
Please download the copyright agreement here: vdmashop.de/refs/bearings-copyright-transfer.pdf
- with commercial content
- papers violating sound scientific practice or containing plagiarism will not be accepted
8. Economical and Institutional Independence of Authors
Reviewers will only revise papers issued by authors economically and institutionally independent from them.
9. Disputes between Reviewers and Authors
Disputes between reviewers and authors will be settled by the editorial board with simply majority.
10. Citations & Quotations
For citations & quotations please follow the standard of AGMA publications.
11. Bibliography – Guideline
With regard to the bibliography you will be asked to adhere to our template.
Please download the template here: vdmashop.de/refs/bibliography-guideline.pdf
Contact regarding the editing platform:
VDMA Verlag (VDMA Publishing)